The purpose of the following questions is to help you determine a fragment of your background and some important members of your family. The only stipulation is that your family member cannot be dead.
- Your grandfather achieved something legendary. What did he accomplish, and how do you feel about it? Are you proud of him? Do you hope to live up to his example, or do you rue him for a life lived in his shadow?
- Your father is the king of a far-away country. What occurred to steer you to a life of adventure away from the decadence of the royal court? How do you feel about your father and what does he think of you and your decision?
- You and your sister found something in your youth that changed your lives forever. What did you find and how did it affect you? How did it change your sister and what does she think of you as a result?
- Your eldest brother is an enemy of the empire. Why? What are your thoughts towards him and his actions? How does your younger brother feel about the eldest and your actions concerning him?
- You and your cousin were raised as siblings following the brutal murder of your aunt and uncle. The two of you were very close growing up, but your relationship was strained when she discovered what happened to her parents and subsequently devoted herself to the god of revenge. Who killed your aunt and uncle and why? What has become of your vengeful cousin? Do you still think of her as a sister, or has your relationship dissolved entirely?
- You were raised by your grandfather, and all throughout your life he told you that your parents died when you were very young. Years later, after your grandfather's funeral, your parents revealed themselves by coming to you in your childhood home. Where have they been all of your life and why? What did they want with you? What are your feelings towards them?
- You spent most of your young life living alone with your mother until, one night, your father stole into the house to spirit you away. Where had your father been and why? Why did he secretly attempt to steal you away from your mother? Where is he now and what are your feelings towards your parents?
The following kickstarters are something that should appear in your own personal backstory, unconnected to your family. They might be related to why you became an adventurer, or perhaps appeared on your first foray into the unknown. No matter the case, they are personal and important to your own story and why you have chosen the most dangerous of modern professions.
- Dragon Cult
- Airship Disaster
- A Gilded Cage
- Volcanic Eruption
- A Flight of Dragons
- Collapsing Monolith
- The Skull of the Princess
- The Necromancer's Abomination
- The treacherous Sorcerer and his cadre of demons